Afghanistan Market Segmentation Analyses
Title: Afghanistan Market Segmentation Analyses
Principal Investigators: Meghan Reidy, Michelle Weinberger
Timeline: July - August 2017
In Afghanistan, SHOPS Plus supports the Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) to market and distribute a variety of health products, including child health and family planning products. SHOPS Plus partner Avenir Health conducted a market segmentation analysis of the 2015 Afghanistan Demographic and Health Survey (AfDHS) to identify and prioritize population segments most likely to adopt family planning, maternal health, and child health products and services. Additionally, the project conducted analyses to determine the contribution that ASMO makes to health in Afghanistan.
The objective of the analyses was to understand which population segments were most likely to adopt key family planning and child health products and services offered by AMSO and identify strategies to reach those segments.
SHOPS Plus partner Avenir Health conducted secondary analyses of the 2015 AfDHS to identify market segments. To evaluate the health impact of ASMO programming, Avenir complemented AfDHS data with modeling analysis using Marie Stopes International’s Impact 2 Calculator and Population Services International’s Impact Calculator.
- ASMO’s contribution to health in Afghanistan
- Opportunities to increase uptake of family planning products
- Opportunities to increase uptake of maternal and child health products
- Opportunities to Improve FP Programming in Afghanistan
- Private Sector Contribution to Improving Health Outcomes in Fragile States: The Case of the Afghan Social Marketing Organization
Last updated: October 2020