Ivory Coast Private Health Sector Assessment
This report on a private sector assessment of Ivory Coast focuses on identifying new strategies to engage the private health sector, with a focus on HIV and AIDS service delivery.
Key recommendations include:
- Create a platform for public-private dialogue to better collaborate with the private health sector.
- Design a universal health coverage scheme to include services in the private health sector and some coverage for medicines.
- Review dual practice and development of measures to permit and regulate this practice.
- Institute co-funding requirements on local nongovernmental organizations.
- Explore ways to leverage the strength of the private pharmaceutical sector by contracting parts of the supply chain function, as well as by encouraging local manufacturing of HIV and AIDS commodities.
- Enact private sector engagement initiatives that link access to government supplies and training to the provision of data.