Webinar: Catalyzing Public-Private Engagement to Strengthen Health Outcomes in India (recording)
On September 4, the SHOPS Plus project in India held a webinar to discuss how the project fostered relationships between public sector and private sector actors to create shared ownership, collective impact, and sustained health outcomes.
USAID considers engaging both private and public sector actors as a key aspect of India’s journey to self-reliance. This webinar focused on two public-private partnerships with guest speakers representing each player. One of the two examples was a Defeat Diarrhea campaign that included India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and major ORS manufacturer, Dr. Reddy’s. The other example was a TB e-pharmacy pilot that partnered Madhya Pradesh state government with India’s largest online pharmaceutical company, Medlife.
- Moni Sagar, Division Chief, Family Health Division - USAID India
- Dr. Ajay Khera, Country Representative - Engender Health India (former Commissioner, MoHFW - Government of India)
- Komal Khanna, Chief of Party, SHOPS Plus India, Abt Associates
- Sriprasad T G, Senior Director-Customer Experience, Medlife
- Dr. Sanjay Pandey, Chief Officer, Advocacy and Partnership - Population Services International India
- Abhilash Philip, Deputy Chief of Party, SHOPS Plus India, Abt Associates