SHOPS Plus recently completed a first of its kind mapping of private health facilities in Senegal. SHOPS Plus is working with the Ministry of Health to include private sector data in country-wide information systems and to use this data to inform future healthcare decisions. SHOPS Plus, with the Ministry and the Alliance of Private Providers (ASPS), is disseminating and monitoring use of the results.
SHOPS Plus also conducted foundational assessments to inform programmatic activities including:
- An assessment of private sector service delivery quality improvement methodologies
- Recommendations for the dissemination and use of protocols, norms and policies in the private sector
- A study on private provider participation in mutuelles including the challenges and solutions for increasing private provider participation
- A review of the Ministry of Health’s public-private partnership (PPP) process with recommendations for process improvement and potential health PPPs
- A corporate social responsibility and a health enterprise and innovation landscape analysis
- A rapid mHealth market watch to synthesize all ongoing digital health activities and strategies