Increasing birth spacing among young couples
Despite the high unmet need, use of short-acting methods has declined in urban areas over the last decade. SHOPS Plus is addressing key factors that inhibit couples from seeking family planning information and services through mass media campaigns.
SHOPS Plus aimed to increase couples’ access to family planning counseling and information through:
- Digital media platforms to foster open dialogue about birth spacing methods, and dispelling common myths that have reached over 6.5 million people
- Chatbot and helpline counseling services that have over 10,935 callers
- Community engagement events reaching 77,000 people at local markets, beauty parlors, and gyms
- Workplace interventions to improve knowledge and access to family planning
- Roundtables with private sector and government actors in the oral contraceptive pill market to foster collaboration on reviving this market