Click here to view the full event recording
Webinar opening: Supporting health markets
Caroline Quijada, SHOPS Plus Deputy Project Director, introduced the four SHOPS Plus leaders invited to "sit down" with her to discuss their experiences with health market development.
Ramakrishnan Ganesan, Senior Private Sector Advisor at Abt Associates, set the stage for the webinar with a discussion on the importance of market development in family planning and HIV programs.
Michelle Weinberger, Modeling and Segmentation Advisor at Avenir Health, talked about the power of data in pursuit of optimal health markets.
Mbogo Bunyi, Senior Private Sector Advisor at Abt Associates, shared Rwanda’s efforts in successfully removing policy barriers to expand market access for injectables.
Soumitra Ghosh, Senior Private Sector Advisor at Abt Associates, shared his experiences with new product introductions and the importance of demand interventions in healthy market growth.
The webinar concluded with a questions and answer section, with questions from the audience.
- Family Planning Market Analyzer
- Private Sector Counts
- Assessment to Action
- Toolkit: Expanding Access to Injectable Contraceptives through Pharmacies
- Expanding Access to Injectable Contraceptives through Pharmacies Toolkit: Advocacy Plan
- Achieving Injectable Contraceptive Task-Sharing Policy Change in Rwanda
- Phases of Social Marketing
Optimal health markets are those where all individuals can access the full range of quality products, services, and information they desire, including from the private sector. Reaching that goal relies on a range of interventions. This webinar will feature speakers who will share experience and lessons learned in supporting health markets to expand access to quality family planning, child health, and HIV products and services. First, discussion will focus on data as a critical step to understand who is not being reached. Second, speakers will touch on legal or regulatory restrictions regarding provider scopes of practice and limited product choices. View the series.
- Caroline Quijada, SHOPS Plus Deputy Project Director, Abt Associates
- Ramakrishnan Ganesan, SHOPS Plus Senior Private Sector Advisor, Abt Associates
- Michelle Weinberger, Modeling and Segmentation Advisor, Avenir Health
- Mbogo Bunyi, Senior Private Sector Advisor, Abt Associates
- Soumitra Ghosh, Senior Private Sector Advisor, Abt Associates